Articles and other printed material on Gauntlets
- March 2010, Nic Compton sells Red
Gauntlet and delivers her to Ireland.
- April 2001, Nic Compton brings Red
Gauntlet back to England from Portugal.
- There is an article with an account of a cruise to Ireland undertaken by
Mitten in the 1950's.
The Motor Boat
- George Cadwalader: "A Cautionary Tale Continued," 70:23
- George Cadwalader: "Auxiliary Power: Views from Experience,
Living with Diesel," 54:106
- George Cadwalader: "Building a Cheap Boat Shelter," 48:74
- George Cadwalader: "GAUNTLET: A Cautionary Tale," 41:84
- George Cadwalader: "Screws, Tubes & Doohickeys," 81:82
Boat index - search for "Gauntlet".
Berthon Company newsletter
An obituary of Neville Duke is published in Volume
IV of the newsletter, with a picture of Neville and his wife aboard their
Gauntlet. Alex Houston has informed me the boat was Guiding Light.
British Classic Yacht Club Panerai Cowes Regatta 2010
Guiding Light and Tiger C are featured in the regatta
brochure, which has some great pictures and information about the boats,
as well as a history of the Berthon yard.
- Classic Classes
- Vanessa Bird, 2012
- Includes information about the Gauntlets.
- The Great Classic Yacht Revival
- Nic Compton, 2004.
- Briefly mentions the Gauntlet class.
- Heavy Weather Sailing
- Adlard Coles
- Mentions Mehalah.